Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, May 23, 2015

A LONG/SHORT WEEK

 I swear this week has been going on forever and forever and forever.  Tomorrow I am getting a new calling.  And that has had me all a flutter for like 2 weeks.  I feel like I need to get everything in my life done so I can be ready to take on this new responsibility.  Which is never going to happen.  But I attempted it this week. I cleaned, I shopped, I did yard work, I organized, etc.  And I'm blogging on Saturday night.  On the other hand, it has been a very fun and successful week--since I did accomplish a lot!  I am especially proud of how the new chore charts I created for the kids are working out.  I think I'll give those a separate post....But here are some of the fun things that helped the week drag/fly by.  
We had 3 birthday parties to attend this week.  Ben got really excited about the fact that his is coming up.  He picked out a couple of presents for himself and helped me wrap them.   Then, after I put them in the closet he decided he didn't really want to wait for his birthday to get them.  But I held out.  Maybe he will forget about them and actually be surprised.  NOT.  This kid is even more of an elephant that any of the rest of my kids.   

I created the "Boa Constrictor" that is going to be eating Sarah as she recites Shel Silverstein's classic for the Arts Festival this week.  Ben loved it.  We are still working on the physics of drawing it up her body.  But practice will make perfect.  I also made some alterations to my costume for the dance recital (using a stitch ripper and fabric glue, no sewing here!).  This year is going to be so fun!

I taught Libby to use the blower.  Amazing.  I love how clean you can make the space look!  

Glow Swords purchased on my shopping excursion during Libby's make-up dance class this afternoon.  

And a pic with the Target dog.  Sarah is petrified of dogs in real life, but she couldn't wait to get a pic with the Target dog!

One of the birthday parties was a gymnastics party!  Clark launching Sarah into the foam pit.  

Clark launching Ben into the foam pit. 

Then, since we wouldn't get to see Dad for most of the weekend, we stopped by to see him at work--at Folklife.  They have just opened up a new playground at the Seattle center.  See the giant slides?  Ben climbed up the rope ladders and went down each one.  No fear for that boy!  I went with both times.  Libby only went once and Sarah didn't go at all.  

Officer Dad trying to spin this toy.  It doesn't go very fast.  Sarah spent most of her time on this one.  We did eat an elephant ear and listen to some music.  Ben wanted to dance in the front row.  The girls wouldn't.  Too shy.  It is so fun having kids who are a little more grown up!

No comments: