Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Really? Another Project?

It was actually awesome to come home in the middle of the trip.  I got to sort mail, pay bills, clean up, do some laundry, & even blog.  My yoga training weekend was super fulfilling.  I am learning to do headstand.  I got to the airport smiling at everyone.  I even stayed really chipper on the drive home.  (My favorite thing about the ride home was that I would set a timer at every rest stop.  We could be in and out, every bladder empty and hands washed in 4 minutes!)  We made pretty good time.
So we got home and I wasn't super overwhelmed!  I cleaned out the fridge and started on the pantry.  Thats...when....things....bogged...down.  My pantry is great.  And sort of dysfunctional.  1/2 my food is in the garage and 1/2 in the pantry.  I decided it was time to end the dysfunction.  The result?  At this writing there is food EVERYWHERE in the kitchen and entryway.  The pantry is bare and 1/2 painted.  I have been to Storables, Home Depot and need to go to Target and Storables again.  But this pantry is going to be the organized storage woman's dream.  Hopefully.  And hopefully it is all done soon.  I will have a bunch of "Cansolidators" to sell soon!  I bought a smaller version that is more fitting for how I shop.
 I can't get away from projects.  I attract them like flies to honey.  (I am not going to state here whether I am the fly or the honey--I guess you can decide).
Can't really call this a before picture...a middle of the project picture, when I had finally decided it was actually going to be a project and not just a simple reorg.  And, there was contact paper on all the shelves.  So I ended up doing some peeling.  Every project in this house involves peeling something!

No comments: