Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Kid-isms

I have been compiling a list of Ben-isms that are amazing.  I just have to get them all down.
He told me a few weeks ago when we were having a sun room picnic for lunch, "Let's blow together (on his noodles).  On the count of 1."  I agreed wondering how this was going to work out.  He said, "1" then thought about it...that didn't seem long enough.  "2,3,4,5,6,7....8,...1!"  And he blew.

Same week I handed him a string cheese in the car.  He ate it.  Then he started complaining.  "Mom, now my breath is SO BAD!  I am just going to stop breathing because it is SO BAD.  I will talk, but not breathe.  I need a tubby to help my breath!"  I finally convinced him that he could chew gum to sweeten up his breath.  Seriously, what 3 year-old is thinking about his breath?

He also told me I need to stop kissing him so much because "if you kiss your little boy too much he will die."
Yikes!

He has a horrible cold right now. He is constantly wanting me to help him blow his nose.  Luckily he is actually good at it!

Thursday night Derek was watching the NFL draft.  Libby loved it. She said, "I love the draft Daddy!  We should watch it every year, even if you aren't here."

Sarah was also super into it.  She was watching when a man named Damarius Randall was drafted.  She got really intense and said, "Mom never told us she had another brother!"  LOL!

Being a mom is so busy and fun and hard and amazing.  I wish I could capture it all.  But those are the recent highlights that my tired brain can dish out.

No comments: