Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Rest of the Trip

I posted last weekend about Logan, but didn't feel I should post about the rest of the trip since it wasn't entirely over.  I still had to fly back and pick up the kids and drive them home.  This plan seemed so awesome...and actually it worked out pretty well.  I made the 13 hour drive home feeling great.  Until I started unloading the car and realized just how exhausted I was.  But, I digress...
In Utah we did more than just visit Logan.
We also had a fun Sunday night dinner/games with the Randall clan + Nick's girlfriend Drea.
We played some cutthroat Daytona.  Rachel pulled off a spectacular win.  Emily ran out of gas 2x and I ran out once.  It was super fun!  

James and his parents came in that evening and I wanted a picture of James and Ben together.  James is 2.  Barely.  Ben is almost 4.  Almost the same size.  But every time I stood them together for a picture, James would look confusedly at Ben and back up.  So Ben would back up.  It was one hilarious dance.  

They love riding grandpa's "cars".  Libby did an awesome faceplant (awesome because she didn't really get hurt) over the front of one when she was driving it standing up with no hands.  Taught her a quick lesson.  The kids also spent a bunch of time playing across the street with a neighbor girl on her trampoline.  They were in heaven!

We did a bunch of summer clothes shopping.  The kids all got new shirts on one Target excursion, so they wanted to share in carrying the basket.  

We took Drea out to lunch for her birthday.  One of Drea's favorite moments of the weekend was when Libby noticed that she was wearing jeans with holes (this was on Sunday I think).  Libby got all serious and said, "Drea can't do yoga in those pants!  They have holes!  (Then turning to Drea...) Hand-me-downs?  Thrift shop?"

We also got to celebrate with Brad because he got an internship at Disney starting soon!  Guest Relations here we come!

Ben loves going to visit James' house, which we did to have dinner with Soren and Emily who live conveniently downstairs from Bryn & Brian.  It is a sweet set up! 

This is how the girls sad goodbye to me when I left.  Really sad.  They actually kept saying, "Mom, what day are you leaving again?  Can't you leave on Monday?"
 While I was gone, G&G took them to the Cinderella movie, the aquarium, McDonalds, etc.   So it makes sense that they were excited for me to leave.  Their one regret was that they never got to swim at the Bubble.  Guess we will have to come back this summer!
I wrote each kid a note on Sunday before I flew back to pick them up.  Ben, the kid who can't read, was the most excited about his!  They also got Kuma hats (Kuma is a Mariner's pitcher from Japan, and Kuma means bear in Japanese) from Dad.  It is good to be reunited!

No comments: