Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Sunday Picnic with the Dogs, I mean Kids

Today the weather was amazing!  So we broke our fast with a meal in the backyard.  A yard that now has a reasonable amount of healthy-ish grass.  Perfect temp.  Perfect burgers.  And 3 kids who wanted to pretend they were dogs. The dog thing comes partly from this book we checked out of the library with a CD called Dog's Rule.  I did something I will NEVER do again, and copied the CD so we could return it.  I dislike it strongly, to put it lightly.  I keep resisting playing it.  The other day Sarah put it in the CD player in the van.  Then slyly, when it was her turn to request a song, suggested disc 4.  Bam.  Dog's Rule.  Now the stupid songs are stuck in my head again and the kids are playing dog all day.  Really, the songs aren't that bad.  Just too catchy and too cheesy.  OTT.
Ben tried to actually fetch this with his mouth.  I heard him say "Yuck! And spit grass out of his mouth!"



Libby is a proud poodle and Sarah is her proud owner.  

I took a short snooze and Sarah took my camera.  Lots of pictures of running!

No comments: