Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 8, 2016

A Big Week for the Nortown Gym

When Derek and I first decided to sell our house in Lynnwood and move, we really had a secret hope that we would find a house with space for a gym.  We didn't think we would find such a thing.  Well, the miracle happened.  We found a house with the perfect space.  I have been training in both the living room and the garage for over two years with a random conglomeration of equipment I have acquired as my clients needed new challenges.  Well, last week we got to a new milestone.  I have a client who needed to squat more weight that we could lift to put on her shoulders.  So--I said the words that were music to Derek's ears.  "We need a squat rack."
And the bee dived into Derek's bonnet.
We scheduled a time to go to ROGUE fitness to look at weight sets.  Then, lo and behold the set we wanted showed up on Craigslist that very day.  For a good deal.  Now, my clients are going to get stronger every day a little faster!
We found the squat rack on Monday, and then we had to reorganize the garage to make it all work.  So, my week went into a mini-tailspin with the added project.  But we got it all done (and I mean WE since the Mariners were out of town, Derek was around to help with this project!).  It's still a work in progress, mirror and heavy bag to hang, a plate racks to buy, and I really want to patch and paint.  But here is a little glimpse of the new toy.  (Ben went with us to buy it and he said, "This is not a toy!")
I can't wait until I can use this too!

This is Derek's happy place.  Lifting heavy things.  And now he can do it at home.  (Actually he can lift more than the weights we have, but he can just do more reps, right?)

No comments: