Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 8, 2016

What Ben Said

Ben is absolutely obsessed with going to the dentist.  For a few weeks now I have been telling them that our dentist appointments are coming up.  I say this as motivation for them to floss.  (I always hope that if we floss a lot in the month before the dentist then he won't be able to tell if we didn't floss the whole 6 months?)  And actually I have flossed Ben pretty regularly this time around, so I'm kind of looking forward to the dentist.  But not as much as Ben is.  He woke up yesterday and said from bed, "Is today the dentist day?" (Side note:  Our kids go to a pediatric dentist that is really fun.  Fun waiting room, and movies over the dentist chair (which is actually a flat bed) while they rest their heads on big stuffed animals.  They also get a coin to put into a vending machine at the end to get a little, silly prize.  But Ben in particular, loves all of this).  So, when I told Ben it was not dentist day, it was Saturday, he started crying and said, "Well then I'm not getting out of bed.  I'm staying in bed until dentist day."  Well, have fun with that.  10 days in bed is a long time.
He whined and cried enough to wake Libby who came to the office and said, "Did you know you have a child crying?"  I told her the scenario and she went in and distracted him with a story or something until he got out of bed.  And I didn't mention the dentist the rest of the day.  Whew.

No comments: