Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 29, 2016

My Kids Learn to Climb

We went to an amazing birthday party at the Seattle Bouldering Project yesterday.  (Happy Birthday Jed!)
My kids showed every ounce of their personalities at the climbing gym.  Sarah didn't get more than 3 feet off the ground.  She loved running around and playing the games, but getting high wasn't one of her ambitions.

Ben immediately climbed up to one of the windows that was like 6 feet high and jumped out of it onto the thick squishy mat.  2x before the guy made him stop.

Libby was a natural.  She climbed all over the place.  There was one wall I challenged her to climb that angled out a bit.  This has always been the hardest for me in my small climbing experience.  She didn't go for it.  Until they put the stuffed eagle at the top and challenged people to get it.
She tried once and gave up.  Then the birthday boy (who was turning 5) got closer than she did.  So she decided to go for it again.

AND SHE MADE IT!  

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Way to go Libber! Awesome job!

Debbi said...

Nice climb! Love each of those unique personalities. I would have been on the ground with Sarah.