Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Discovery Park Hike--Spoiler--We DID NOT GET LOST!

 2 years ago--I charged into my goal of 1 hike a week with a hike at Discovery Park.  If you recall, we got lost.  Like totally lost. We ended up at the Daybreak center asking for directions on how to get back to the other Visitor's center.  It was a mess. I left my phone in the car.  Yes...tears by the end. 

This time, I needed to try it out as a hike for Girls Camp because one of the locations we were going to use was closed for construction.  (Thank goodness one of the leaders went to scout it!). Anyway, this time I took Derek along (since he took many weeks off from work this summer).  Libby was a sobbing mess again in the beginning.  But she rallied in a big way.  We had fun.

We always play games while we hike.  First letter last letter.  And 20 questions.  But this time we also talked over what we would buy if we won the vaccine lottery.  

Libby:  A condo in downtown Seattle that I would rent out.  Or a Toyota Camry.  And then I would save some for college.  

Sarah: I'd save it for college.

Ben:  I'd buy a house in Bentonville AR.  (Why you might ask? Well--the Hardies are moving to Bentonville AR. We found out this week and we are all in shock. Ben had cried himself to sleep 2 nights in a row.)




Look at this mess of trails. Can you blame me? It's confusing and the signage isn't very clear! 

 

No comments: