Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Libby's Amazing Week

 

Libby had a week that sparkled--like this video she made of herself that I found in our shared photos.  I mean, really!

The big day was Tuesday.  She went from school to track meet to drill tryouts to a (thankfully) virtual choir concert.  

Her relay team won their race.  She got the "Outstanding Musicianship" award for her choir at Einstein, and SHE MADE THE SW DRILL TEAM!  She's pretty excited about all of it.  It was a week of stress and dread for me as she tried out for Drill--I had been dancing my whole life and drill team was my greatest dream.  I didn't make it and it was pretty crushing for me.  But, I needn't have feared.  She made it!  Now I'm scared of what we've gotten ourselves into.  They are (thankfully) evening rehearsals--Libby hates mornings (and she'll have seminary.). But she'll have to work hard during the school day because between sports practice and drill, she won't have much time for homework.  Yikes.  We think we will have her skip cross country this year so she can settle into school with just drill.  But wrestling and track are her things...so we will see.  Can we handle this level of busy?  I'm going to have to really get carpooling going! 





This and the pictures below were taken by a good friend of the Norton fam--Kristi Lin






No comments: