Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 27, 2021

School is OVER!

 And that is all.  No last day of school pictures.  We dragged it across the finish line.  

I got to be Blaze the Cheetah (aka wear the mascot costume) for the last day of school assembly video and for the award winners.  That was hot and sweaty.  

For 5th grade teachers---we had to get creative to send our kids off to middle school.  We did a fun drive up and take pictures with your teacher.  It was the first time I had seen some of my students in person.  

The next night we did a virtual ceremony that included the "art walk" that I had hoped to do in person.  The video turned out great though.  I hope this becomes a 5th grade tradition.  I will say the 5th grade Moving on Ceremony had numerous technical difficulties.  I'm hopeful that we won't have to do that virtually again.  It was only a one night turn around for the slide show of kids who came to get their certs and we couldn't get it to play right.  Also, one of the teachers accidentally gave out her Panelist link.  So there were several of her in the webinar.  Luckily those kids kept their cameras off and were respectful.  I was just so glad it was over! 

On the last day I went to school for the teacher lunch and played my guitar for the teachers while Annie Bach sang her amazing parody of Jet Plane.  I was really proud of myself--I got shaky.  But I played and sang with her.  

There was not a huge sigh of relief for me...but a turning my attention to upcoming YW stuff, Girls Camp, family vacation, the deep cleaning my house desperately needs, Maren's birthday,--and the loss of Grandma Susie.  

It was a whirlwind week.

I did get the traditional pics of Sarah and Ben jumping into the MP Swim Club! Libby had not yet purchased a swim suit, so she couldn't join us until she earned enough money to buy one.  She finally did--and as I type, they are swimming in our hotel pool on the way to Yellowstone! 






No comments: