Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Libbyisms

 Libby is just like me.  Super happy when hydrated, healthy, and not hungry.  If any of those things do not perfectly line up.  Watch out.  This week when she had her fever, I was ready to find a hospital to put her in until she was better.  It was constant whining.  Then I realized I probably deserved it because I bet I did the same thing to my mom.  One of the nights she was sick I went in to her room when she was crying and she said, "Can I have a binkie?"
Anyway, here are some of my favorite Libby conversations from the last week or so.
Libby:  "Mom, Dad wouldn't let us watch the Avengers on Netflix."
Me:  "Okay, well I can ask him if it would be okay today."
Libby:  "I should be able to watch them, because I am one of their daughters, Supergirl."

Here is one from the trip.  I couldn't figure out why she was just as excited to go to Chuck-a-Rama as the rest of us.  Then when we got there it became clear.  She was super mad.  She thought we were going to the place with all the toys--Chuck E Cheese.  I can see how she could make that mistake!

I took her to Marshall's the other day during Sarah's dance class.  I was starving (and I knew she was too) so I bought some random Guacamole Chips.  When she finally came back to the front of the store (she told me she was going to look at pans) I showed her the chips.  She said, "YOU MEAN THEY HAVE AVOCADOS RIGHT INSIDE THE CHIPS?"

This picture to the right was taken by my mom's bleeding heart plant.  On Thursday we went to her friend Lilly's house and we were admiring their flowerbed.
Libby:  "Mom, look they have a bleeding heart."
Me:  "No Libby, those are tulips, hyacinths and something else I don't recognize."
Then they answered the door, we went in and I forgot about the conversation until I came back to pick them up and realized that right in the center of the flower bed WAS a LARGE bleeding heart plant.  Man, I hate it when she is right!

No comments: