Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, May 4, 2012

Fevers Gallore

When I took Ben in for his ear tubes on Monday morning I noticed lots of little spots on him when I was putting on his gown.  I just dismissed them and sent him into surgery.  I told the anesthesiologist (in all honesty) that he hadn't been sick or had a fever.  Oops.  Liar.  The spots got much worse.  Turns out that he must have had a fever on Saturday while I was away at the party because he broke out into a mad fever rash.  Sarah was also feverish on Monday.  I took her in because I still hadn't realized that Ben had a fever rash.  I thought her strep had returned.  Well, it was definitely some kind of virus because the next day Libby had a fever.  All three kids had a couple of cranky days (Libby's crankiness is still lingering).  Staying healthy is definitely one of our biggest challenges!  Hopefully the ear tubes Ben got will keep at least his ears healthy!

No comments: