Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Super Sick Week

This was a record setting week.  I don't think we have ever had this much junk go through our family in one week ever.  Libby and I both had the barfs.  Derek and Ben had the runs.  Sarah and Ben had sinus and runny nose issues.  Derek, Sarah, and Libby had strep.  I had pharyngitis (sp?).  Ben's doctor decided his night time screaming was probably a reflux resurgence.  I was at one doctor or another 4 times this week.  Insane.  Don't ever want to repeat this craziness.
Everyone seems to be responding to their anti-biotics (Derek's took awhile to kick in--his doctor said he had one of the highest strep counts he had seen).  And Ben is sleeping better thanks to the Zantac.  Whew.

We ate a lot of popsicles this week.  Here are some tongues to prove it.  Ben's mouth is also blue--he had a few licks, but he doesn't really like cold food.  
There were some bright moments in this week.  When I was about to barf for the first time on Monday, Sarah followed me into the bathroom and patted me on the back.  She coached me, "You can do it Mom!  You can put the barf in the potty!  It's okay Mommy, you can do it!"  It was so sweet!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Life is great, isn't it? Hard in so many ways, but wonderful too. I'm proud of you Squish.