Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cheerleader Extraordinaire

I signed Libby up for the Edmonds Woodway Cheerleading camp.  It was rough getting her there, and I don't just mean making sure someone could drop her off while I was teaching (although Derek had to do it one day, the Enterprise Rental car guy and Derek did it one day, and I paid a girl from the gym to do it another day) but she cried a lot!  The night before she had a massive melt down.  Then the next morning she told me she was sorry she cried, she was just tired and grumpy, she really did want to go to cheerleading camp.  Anyway, I signed her up partly as a test run for kindergarten.  She was great once she got there, but a bit manic about going.  She also was unhappy about things that she missed while she was at camp.  We had a splash party at a friend's house on Thursday.  She said later (about an hour after she found out about it) "Mom, this is what I have to say to you for going to a splash party without me, I HATE YOU!"
Oh, the transition to kindergarten isn't going to be easy.  Hopefully the main changes will be that I will be home 3 out of 5 days to get her on the bus.  The other 2 days either Derek or a consistent nanny will be here.  I think that will help things.
Kindergarten camp next week.  I am trying not to be nervous.
Now take a peek at the skills she learned.  I was crying and laughing while I was filming, so it isn't great cinematography (or cheerleading for that matter) but I think she is pretty amazing.

No comments: