Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Life Changing Checkup--Libby's Stats

Libby had her 5 year old check up on Monday.
One amazing thing happened.
She went from being in the 5% to the 10%.
She weighs 34 lbs. 10 oz.
She is 40 1/4" tall.
Awesome!!!!!

But, during the eye check, it was clear that her vision wasn't up to snuff.
So, we went to the eye doctor yesterday.  She is pretty seriously farsighted.  For people who understand glasses, she is a +7 in both eyes.  But the doctor said that she probably couldn't handle glasses that strong so he would start her with a +5.

She picked out some cute glasses, but the lady helping us choose pulled me aside to tell me that her lenses would be too thick for the ones she picked.  She is ordering in some other ones for Libby to look at.  I am feeling like I am entering a world I know nothing about.  Derek and I both have great vision.  The good news is that Libby is pretty excited about the whole thing.  So, we will just see (literally :).  Libby will be able to read the board when she starts school in a couple of weeks.

(On a side note, Libby told me she wanted glasses awhile ago after reading a book where DW wants glasses.  I told her she definitely didn't want glasses because if you go to the eye doctor they put "drops" in your eyes.  I thoroughly freaked her out.  Imagine my horror when she remembered this threat and was totally scared of the eye doctor. Hmmm.  I should be careful what I say.)

No comments: