Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Girl's Camp

When I realized the Emily's wedding would be the weekend before girls' camp I was kind of disappointed that I wouldn't be able to help (and a bit relieved, to be honest).  But they found a way to involve me anyway.  I was the hike leader!  I went up on Wednesday afternoon to scout out the hike that I had only heard about on the phone.  I had to call Larry from Ensign Ranch about 6 more times, but we found and scouted out the hike.  (luckily it was all driveable, right down to the river.)  Derek sacrificed some sleep and the paint job on his truck (the scratches from Libby were nothing compared to the new scratches down the sides of his truck.)  But I couldn't have done it without him!  
I stayed over Wed. and Thurs. night and took girls on the 5 mile hike Thurs and Fri mornings.  It was really fun!  The camp leaders did a great job of making it spiritual and very fun at the same time.  I got home Friday afternoon FILTHY and happy to be done with the many, many trips in a row.  Once I got caught up on laundry and cleaning I started to feel like myself again.  
I am super thankful to Derek for taking care of the kids while I was gone and giving me a chance to serve!
Just before we crossed the river back into camp.  It was a great way to end the hike.

The priesthood making sure all the girls cooled off after the hike.  Luckily they knew better than to get the hike leader wet!


No comments: