Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 15, 2018

A Week of Dancing & Swimming!

We came home early from Utah so the girls could go to Dance Camp at our dance studio.  I had offered to help in exchange for a tuition break, but didn't hear back until I was already in Utah.  I agreed to teach a zumba class on Thursday at camp and we made plans to come back on Sunday so the girls could start on time.
Glad we did, since then we were sick and couldn't dance on Tuesday.  Even missing one day, the girls did a great job and had lots of fun.
I was proud of their work at the showcase on Thursday.  They learned a lot of choreography in just a couple of days.  So good for their brains!

They also did the SWIM-A-THON on Thursday for Gators.
Sarah & Libby both swam 28 laps in 45 minutes and Ben swam 26.  Wow.  So proud of that. 

The first swim meet was on Friday.  The girls were with Aunt Alayne for a birthday outing at the Paramount Theater.  They got to watch Dance This which is a collection of dance performances.  So just Ben, Dad and I went to the swim meet.  It was really fun to see Ben love the swimming process. 
 We are so blessed to be a part of the Gator and the Alderwood Dance Spectrum families!  And, since I am reading Mindset by Carol Dweck and Mathematical Mindsets by Jo Boaler, I am obsessed with helping my kids (and myself) develop growth mindset.  These opportunities to learn new skills and improve is such a great way to practice growth mindset.  We aren't all totally on board...YET.  :)

No comments: