Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Bikers!

It has been my goal for a few summers now to be able to bike places (like to the pool).  Finally, dream has become reality!  We can do it!  Ben doesn't have gears on his bike (and he hasn't mastered the stand and pedal yet) so he has to walk up the last bit of the hill on the way to the pool.  But we are doing it.  I put more than 30 miles on my bike this week between biking to morning Gators, biking Libby to summer school, biking to pick up Libby, and then biking with Libby to afternoon Gators.  Some days Ben did almost all the rides with me! It has been super fun.  By the end of the week I was exhausted! (I also had a 30,000 step day on Friday doing yard work and an intense 5K race on Saturday to help put me into exhaustion.)
Another place I biked was to Grammy and Grandpas to water.  These guys came on nights that I drove so they could play on the new trapeze that I bought to replace the 3rd swing that was broken.

Ben on a Libby pick up run.  I was too busy biking on these rides to take may pictures. 
I have been annoyed to see the streets redesigned to fit in bike lanes all over.  But now that we are using them, I'm grateful for them!  There was just one mishap when Ben was riding with Derek on Wed.  On one spot they moved onto the sidewalk to go around a parked car.  But someone had their garbage and recycle on the sidewalk.  Ben tried to go through the gap, but he knocked a recycle bin off the sidewalk into a busy street.  They had to stop and pick it all up. Oops. 
The improvement I have seen has been incredible! I love it! 

No comments: