Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Utah Trip 2018

It was a miracle.  We had the whole Randall family together in Utah...We didn't actually manage to be there  all at once for a picture, because Nick left for a work trip before Derek got there, but in one week, everyone was there.  
The family has grown so much!  And, we never managed a picture of the whole bunch.
Ha!  But there were lots of good snapshots.  I loved that I got to meet 2 new nephews, hold all 3 of the babies that have been born this year, and spend time with the (most of the time) delightful toddlers.  And I was reminded of how happy I am that I have older kids.
I got to spend some quality time talking with each of my siblings and parents.  That was worth the whole trip. 
Initially Derek wasn't supposed to come, but we flew him down (thank you skiplag.com for helping us find a reasonable ticket on short notice) to drive home with me so we could drive home on Sunday.  I was anxious to see him again after his trip to Japan.  I was also looking forward to getting back home and into the routine.  We had swim practice and dance camp waiting for us on Monday.
Also, on the down side, I really hurt my back in Utah.  I couldn't even take deep breaths from Thurs to my chiropractic appointment on Monday.  I think I will for sure swear off weight lifting while on vacation from now on.  I get a little crazy for some reason.  And I'm not sleeping in my own bed, etc. 
The Tuesday after we got home, Libby and Sarah and I got a barf bug.  And so did many of the other people in the pictures.  But we are all recovered now and it was worth it.  Next time, more sanitizing! 
Ben had a little mini-me.  Devin loved hanging out with Ben. 


We went to check out the Ogden temple, since they have rebuilt it.  It looks amazing.  It was really hot, so we didn't stay long. 

So much fun horsing around with uncles! 
The kids wanted to go to the "Bubble" of course.  (I feel like my Utah posts are all the same, basically, since they want to go to the same places every time.)  But this year we went 2x and just swam laps in the big pool in addition to the fun time we went with cousins.  It was really great to see that after only 1 week of swim practice, the kids could kind of create a workout for themselves.  I got in and swam laps with them one of the days (before I hurt my back).  
I decided that since I didn't have little kids to watch, I could be a fun mom.  So when all 3 kids went off the diving boards, I went off the low and high dives, and I went down the water slide.  (Also on the 4th I started a water fight with the girls.  It was fun!)  



I couldn't get the girls to pose they were having so much fun swimming!

 Lagoon was also a must on our list this year, since the kids didn't get to go the last couple of years.
 I ended up watching Devin and Ben for an hour or so near the end of the day.  There were a bunch of rides that Devin could only ride with a "responsible person" because he was too short.  I sent Ben on with him and the workers let that go.  Good thing Ben actually is responsible, and Devin is an amusement park pro!
 Libby and Sarah got to stay late with the "Goats" group and close the park down.  They Ubered home with Uncle Davey and Brad.  Their first Uber ride!  They rode all the big roller coasters and loved all but the Mouse Trap ride.
The culmination of the weekend was the baby blessings for Baby David and Baby Luke.  It was so sweet to hear my brothers-in-law bless their babies.  Also, to have my husband there participating in the circle.  I feel so blessed!

No comments: