Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, July 16, 2018

Norton Family Adventure: Lake Talapus Hike

We had an amazing day on Saturday.  I feel like my outdoors loving self has been dormant while my kids were too young to enjoy it.  Now I am in full blown "Let's get outside" mode!  This hike was perfect for us.  Not too long, nice and shady, beautiful views at the end.  We can't wait to do more (and I mean that!  Sarah was looking through the hike books and looking for more hikes).  
After the hike we ate at Scott's Dairy Freeze in North Bend, shopped at the outlets a bit, and then went to the MP Swim Club.  We all swam...even mom!  (Although Dad and Mom did more reading than swimming.)
It was so fun to be together!  Libby hiked down with  me the whole way, wanting to stay ahead of the rest so we could talk, "since you are the oldest child too, so you understand my pain with my siblings." She told me about her crush, about skipping band and going to orchestra, about her worries for next year, etc.  It was really a perfect day! 



 This big burnt out tree was so cool.


 We all bouldered up this little spot (except Dad).  Libby was afraid the first time, but on the way down we stopped again and she went up.
Hopefully we will have time for a few more of these before summer ends!

No comments: