Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Crazy Hair Day & Student Council 2020

So Student Council work is so fun.  And can be so exhausting.  In February we filmed an amazing ad for the student store, put up around 900 hearts for all the students and staff at MP, and had a crazy hat making party the day before Crazy Hat & Hair day.  The party was ongoing for all recesses.  What an effort.  To set up, to take down, to try and deliver the hats.  Ugh.  Never again.  And now, we have spirit week in March.  I need a minute before I can even think about it.  Luckily/sadly we have parent teacher conferences this week so I can't/won't work on much student council stuff because there are no recesses on half days.  I guess I do need to finalize the student store scripts. But the committees did a good job getting them started.  
Even with my level of burnout, I went out and took pictures of all the kindergarteners with their crazy hats/hair and felt so much love.  It is so fun to see kids smiling at school.  Worth it?  Yes, when I scale it appropriately.  Which is one of my challenges! 
I did scrunchie pigtails, since I went to the temple in the evening. 

I shaved the sides of Ben's head and put in purple and gold stripes.  They don't show up super well, but he loved it.  I almost convinced him to go mohawk.  But then he decided against it.  He is so rational! (Which I love most of the time.)


No comments: