Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Quarantine Week 1

I stop myself several times a day and think...Is this really happening?  Could this be happening?  This IS HAPPENING!  I feel so scattered.  And so weird.  And so blessed all at the same time.

I feel weird because it is like the flashback to only a few years ago when being a home all day was the norm.  True, I would have clients coming in, but I didn't go out all that much.  Not compared to now when I work 5 days a week and my kids have a million activities during the non-work hours.  I loved that time.  But I didn't really miss it.  So being back there is pretty WEIRD!

I also feel scattered because I have a lot of things I want to do with this amazing gift of time.  I want to finish Sarah's bedroom.  (At least most of it.  Some of it needs to be a post girls camp surprise, right?)  I want to clean up my yard while the weather is beautiful.  I want to spend time with each kid. I want them to all work on school.  I want to clean.  I want to read. I want to do a little something for my students each day.  AAAHHHH!  So how to prioritize?  And keep my neck and shoulders relatively healthy (as in, don't do too much wallpaper or gardening at once).

Anyway, this is what's been going on around here.  I finished Tattoos on the Heart, A Place for Us, and Surviving the Applewhites.  I also started Talking to Strangers (almost done), Belly Up, The Westing Game, and The Stupid Things Smart People Do with their Money (that was a library book and didnt' finish it in time.  So I only got to thing 10 of 13. So expect me to do at least 3 dumb things with my money 😜.)

I spent so much time on FB...it feels good to be connected, in humor, in sharing sadness, in sharing joy.

I did a training, a girls camp meeting and a work happy hour on Zoom.

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day!



I worked pretty hard on Sarah's room this week to get it ready for our contractor to come in and fill in the window.  A couple of pictures:
Libby and Ben wrote some sweet notes for Sarah on her walls.  Ben: Sarah is asome!!



At this point I moved her out so I could take down curtains and blinds.
Our contractor came on Friday and filled in the "window." 

I'm really excited for our plans for this side of the wall.  You'll have to wait and see! 
We played lots of games--Scattergories, I Dissent, and Settlers.  Thankfully Maren has decided she is in our quarantine circle.  So we can still hang out with her and get out of our house. ;)
We did some sidewalk chalking outside her house yesterday after we walked there.

Libby


Sarah
I didn't get a picture of Ben's awesome Bear. I want to do some more of this today.  It was fun to see people walking by and enjoying them.
Here is to another weird quarantine week. Praying that the virus curve drops and we can start to resume normal activity soon.  Both Ben and Libby had meltdowns last night.  I was right there with them!  This is hard! (And we don't have it bad at all!  It could be so much worse.) I am praying also for a quick economic rebound for all those who are losing their wages right now.  What a hard trial!

And my favorite night was campfire night.  I love a good campfire!
Forget the graham crackers.  Bark Thins S'more. 




Ben also schooled me on my fractions, telling me this was not 1/4 of the wall, but 1/3.  I think, sadly he was right.  I got more of it done yesterday afternoon.  But taking a day of rest today! My neck needs it! 

No comments: