Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 8, 2020

What to post?

This week was PACKED, like usual.  So here's what I should have been posting about. 
1. Wrestling Banquet on Monday Night.
2. Libby's Middle School Choir Concert on Wednesday Night (she had a solo!)
3. All 3 kids' choir concert on Saturday (Ben had a solo!)

Well, only posting about #1.  #corona Because the other two were cancelled.  And, just so you can look forward to what I won't be blogging about next week:
1.  Libby's first and second middle school wrestling match (where she earned a varsity spot in the line-up last week)
2. The RS activity planned by my committee for Tuesday.
3. Sarah's musical (where she plays one of the 3 evil queens).
4. Feeding the homeless on Thursday for church (we are instead making drop off containers on Wednesday--for people who feel it is safe.)
5.  And yeah...please don't let anything else be cancelled!
SOOO glad we had the banquet on Monday night before the insanity set in.  It was a lovely banquet with almost every wrestler in attendance.  Just like the season, it felt magical.  The boys loved their beanies.  Maren and Clark and I bet on how many times Derek would tear up--graduating so many families who have meant so much to our family.  We set the line at 2.5.  Maren and I took the over, but he only teared up twice, so I owe Clark $1. 
The boys loved making the flagrant foul ejection gesture.  They gave Derek a ref shirt.  Hilarious.  I'm going to wear it if we have a Sports Day at school. 

These guys!  Brandon was a wrestler so many years ago, and now has been one of Derek's assistants for about 5 years (?)  How the time flies!
Oh how I want this week to be a normal one.  Oh how I am trying not to RAGE about the reaction to this corona outbreak.  Deep breaths.  It's like a snowpocalypse.  Eventually it will end.

Also, yesterday I engaged in so much risky behavior!  Instead of the concert, I went with an amazing crew of women who I will be working with for Girls' Camp to see our camp location.  I hadn't been there and was so VERY impressed.  I am excited for Zion's Camp.  This trip included a ferry (think of the germs) and a meeting with about 50 women (again!  germs!).
I came home and went a movie with the family (there weren't many people there...so I guess it wasn't that risky).  Then we went to an almost empty restaurant for dinner.  (Who knew this kind of day would be SO SO HIGH RISK!)
So, if I die tomorrow, you'll know it was my own fault.

No comments: