Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Stay Home Break

Amazingly I have been very busy.  Actually, this is not amazing.  It is totally normal.  I am very good at finding things to fill my time.  School has ramped up, as we are now supposed to be making contact with all our students and making sure they have access to the resources.  And of course I am doing a bit more than that.  I helped with one assignment for the next packet coming out from the district.  I've been learning to use zoom.
I had several meetings for school and camp stuff.  It feels really good to see people.
I also had a telephone doctors appointment--still trying to chase down the cause of my fatigue.  So I met with Sarah's metabolic doctor.  Libby also had an appointment.  Then we had to do the blood work.  This doctor requires extensive blood testing (starting fasting).  Usually she does this in house, but we had to go to a walk-in lab.  The poor lab tech was new.  We were there for 4 hours for the 2 hours of testing.  And, later that day they called me and let me know that there was one un-labeled vial of blood, meaning I had to do the whole process over again.  Thankfully it wasn't Libby--who hates having her blood drawn and struggled with it.  (Although she did better than she has in the past thanks to full blast youtube videos in her headphones.)
We participated in a virtual talent show that helped us feel less isolated.
I finished scraping wallpaper, patched, sanded, patched, sanded, primed, texturized, sanded, and finally painted Sarah's room.  I'm almost done.  One more coat.  Then I'm hopefully going to put the baseboards back on. This can be tricky, so we will see how it goes.  They put them up with some pretty intense nails, not the little nail gun nails that I can usually just snip off with wire cutters.
We participated in the world wide fast--it felt wonderful to be doing something.  And I'm not usually a fasting fan, but it truly felt good.
Every day I've been playing guitar with Ben.  He's improving rapidly.  It is really fun.
All in all, we are healthy.  We are surviving each other.  We are implementing stronger screen time limits and had to reset the iTunes passwords after an expensive breech leading to one of our kids purchasing many in-app purchases before we caught it.  What is the saying? Idle hands are the devil's workshop?
I'm committing to no more projects.  My focus needs to be on school for my students and my kids.
Today for school they are each writing a post.  Hopefully I'll get them all uploaded today.
Yesterday for writing we created book covers for the Westing Game, which we listened to and finished while we were creating them. 




We also played a fun math game.  


On Sunday we did Singing Time with Soren

Libby took lots of pics of herself. Photography Class? 

Ben sent a note to his teacher.

We did a fun game where we tried to explain our creations to each other (there was a barrier in the middle).
In some ways, this is a dream come true.  So much time to spend together.  Just staying focused on the good.


No comments: