Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Why I love you, BENNY!

This has been an amazing Ben week.  Plenty of times he did his "AHHHHHHH!"  When I asked him to do things, or eat things, but he had been really fun.
At Sarah's preschool there are lots of colorful walls.  I have been quizzing him on his colors by pointing to the walls and recently I realized he actually knows the colors!  He even knows "dark blue" as opposed to "blue."  Another concept that I thought might be a little over his head that he has a complete grasp of is the "skip" policy I created.  In the car, when we listen to CDs it is so annoying when they all want to skip this song, and that song, and pretty soon the CD is over.  So now we have a one skip policy.  Each kid (including me) gets one.  Ben got this right away and started saying things like, "Mom, don't you want to skip this song?  Use your skip on this one!"
I love how bright you are Benny!
Ben doing some bridging on his bed.  I couldn't get a shot of him up on his head, but that is what he was doing when I found him.  He is still all about his Blankie Binkie.  He pronounces this like one word.  Derek was messing with him during the movie the other night by twirling the ties in the blanket just like Ben does.  Ben was having none of this and kept slapping Derek's hand away.  Ben didn't seem to mind when I did it.

Another funny note about watching Frozen with Ben.  He identified Prince Hans as having the same voice as Wreck it Ralph.  He kept saying, Wreck it Ralph is in Frozen!  So I like Frozen!  Then he wanted to pause and watch Wreck it Ralph, which didn't go over well.  

 Ben started getting really sad when I took the girls to swimming lessons and he didn't get to swim.  He went and got his own suit out of his drawer and brought it to me.  A few weeks ago I took him in and this week Derek was done with practice in time to take him in.  They had a blast!  Ben drinks about a gallon of the water.  Ugh.  

I love how you would wear pajamas every day all day.  Sort of. You are very picky about your wardrobe.  You especially love to wear shorts all winter which inspires some crazy looks from other parents.   

I love you in the outfit that my mom made for my brothers.  Can't wait to take official Easter pics in it.  
You were actually super helpful when I was making a graham cracker crust the other day (pi day actually).  You broke up the crackers and put them in the food processor.  You LOVED pushing the button to grind them up.  The first time you pushed it it scared you half to death, but then you got the hang of it and said, "hands off mom!"

I love that you LOVE me!  The other night I was leaving your room and you said, "How about a hug and a kiss?"  For this guy, anytime!

No comments: