Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Why I love you LIBBY!

I love you Libby!  And I miss you!  Now that you are in school full-time, I don't get to see you nearly enough.  And when I do see you, it is about rushing to get things done!  Get dressed, eat breakfast, get your shoes on, get out the door.  But if I slow down and think about it, there are so many things I love about you!  I love that you care about and take care of your siblings.  You love to help Ben get his melatonin at night.  You are learning to compromise on movies, games, etc.
I love that when I went to put away the stack of books that had appeared near the nightlight in your room you said, "Don't tell anyone about our night time book club."  (Now I get why you are so tired!)  And you anxiously hid the light I found in your covers when I went to wash sheets this week.  (This you inherited from  your Dad.  His mom used to have to remove every light bulb
in his room every night to keep him from reading all night.)
I have to laugh when you are so picky about the way clothes feel on your body.  You got that from me!
You are a rockin' speller!  You have been getting 100% on your spelling tests (or close to it) almost every week.  You are also getting the math concepts super quickly.  Focus isn't your forte, but when the mood strikes you (or a parent sits with you) you get the job done.
You swam 1/2 way across the HS pool all by yourself this week.  Well done!  

You are getting new glasses this week!  They are a bit more grown up.  No more cartoon characters. 

No comments: