Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Magical Seattle Evening

I am kind of a unique type.  I love work.  I have to make myself play.  I am pretty proud of myself because this weekend Derek had an actual weekend (no Mariners or festivals) and I helped us carve out some play time.  On Friday we went to the temple during the day and in the evening we watched a movie.  I actually sat and watched an entire movie.  Shocking.
Then on Saturday, after the Rhinos event (which ended about 5:30 pm) I looked at the weather (beautiful) and the family--all in the car and ready and suggested a trip to the Ballard Locks.
It was AMAZING!  This is a special place for us because Derek took me there when we first started dating.  I would say it was the night that I knew there was really some magic between us (and I am amazed that I felt anything because it was winter and freezing).
It was another magical night.  I should really play more often!
Fish and chips from the Redmill Totem across the street.  Delicious.  We ate every bite of everything (another magical moment!)

Libby posing with the sculpture

The girls watching a train cross the drawbridge.  It was about to go up after the train to let through a big fishing boat. 

Sarah took this awesome pic.  

Ben is 2--for 2 more days!

On the way home we got Dick's shakes.  

Have I mentioned how much the girls love sitting on top of the van?

Posing at the gate of the locks.

There was a sweet couple that let the kids feed their fries to the seagulls.  


My favorite pic of the night.  There was a heron down near the fish ladder.  Derek and Ben checking it out with the drawbridge up in the background.  

No comments: