Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Potty Training Saga...

This week was dominated by two things.  Potty training and dance recital prep.  Last week, just after I blogged that I was giving up on Ben and the potty, he came in to show me that he had thrown his own poop into the potty.  So, he wasn't going to let me give up.  Later that day he actually pooped in the potty!  So, we decided to just go for it.  He has about a 50% rate getting #2 in the potty.  But #1 he is almost 100%.  The one exception I can think of is when he accidentally shut himself into the van and couldn't get out.  When he needs to go he says, "I'm tinkling!"  Or "I pooped!"  Usually the former means "I need to tinkle!"  The latter sometimes means that he needs to or that he already did.  Sigh.  It is a tough thing to learn.

No comments: