Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Birthday Benny and other Ben news

We celebrated Ben's birthday amid a whirlwind of activities this week.  I sandwiched a birthday party in on Tuesday between clients and classes and dance rehearsals.  By the time I cleaned up from the party on Wednesday morning, there were green cupcake crumbs everywhere.  But it was worth it.
His favorite gift was probably the stomp rocket from our friends from church.  But he loved everything, including the attention!  When he opened his card from G&G Randall, he said, "Oh, so cute!"
By Wednesday he was birthdayed out.  When G&G Randall finally caught up with us on Wednesday afternoon, Ben told Grandma that his birthday was "all done."
I wish I was also reporting that he was fully potty trained.  We went for 2 days in undies with only a couple of accidents.  But all of the accidents revolved around the fact that he won't go #2 in the potty.  So, I am giving up.  Sort of.  I don't want to regress!  He does really well with #1.  But I don't have the strength, or energy, or stamina to deal with it right now.  Ugh.  I think we will do pull-ups so he can go #1 most of the time and when he is willing to say something besides "it won't work" when I ask him to try #2, we'll go back to undies.  Sigh.
We worked with him on making a 3 with his hand in the morning at breakfast.  Libby and I gave him lots of options as to how to do it.  His fingers just couldn't quite make it.  So we got the first bump.  

Later in the day he got this down!  (Although since then he still struggles with it.)

His amazing Hulk cupcakes.  Big thanks to Paige and her friend for doing the eyes.  Not sure if they are pinterest worthy, but the turned out pretty tough looking ;)


He got the stomp rocket down pretty fast!

No comments: