Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 8, 2014

End of an Era

For 3 years I have been on the board of the Wrestling Rhinos, the local wrestling club.  I decided to help out the board because youth wrestling is really important to the success of middle and high school teams, and because we wanted the club to be very vibrant when Ben was ready to wrestle.  Also because they were desperate for help.  My time on the board could have been up last June--but I said I would help again for one more year.  Big mistake, since I had no idea at the time what was in store for our family this year, moving, etc.  So this year was a struggle to keep on top of it all.  So, I am VERY VERY glad to have something off of my very full plate.  But, I said a tearful goodbye at the end of year party yesterday.  We had some very capable parents step in to help take over my jobs on the board, so I leave things in very great hands.
When I started on the board there were a handful of Rhinos with a very loose organization.  I am leaving a club that has about 150 wrestlers and we run a pretty tight ship (the criteria being that wrestlers actually register, have their USA card, and pay their club dues).  I am leaving a couple of other things as a part of my legacy.  
I got to be on the board during the 40th anniversary season.  I created this logo for the back of the sweatshirts.  

I also found a vendor and had them create this awesome design for our club singlets.  Hopefully Rhinos will be wearing these for many seasons to come!

No comments: