Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Another Near Death Experience...and True Blankie Love

We take swimming lessons at the gym where I teach.  All 3 of my kids think they can swim.  One can, one pretty  much can, and one (Ben) CANNOT.  They left the locker room before I did on Wednesday.  They said they were going to stand outside the pool door (because they aren't tall enough to open it--or so I thought.)  When I got to the pool door a couple minutes later they were inside the pool area--which had been totally empty a few minutes before.  There was a young man standing on the deck with a soaking wet Ben.  Not sure exactly how all of this played out, but I guess Sarah can now reach to open the door.  She opened it and Ben jumped right in the water.  The swim teacher happened along and reached in and pulled Ben out before he died.  SERIOUSLY!  What kind of a bad mom lets her kids around a pool unattended!  

Everyone who hears this story then asks, so, is Ben now afraid of the water?  Not at all.  Immediately following his experience he spent 30 minutes happily splashing in the water and drinking enough of it that he wet the bed even though lessons are 3 (well let's be honest) 4 hours before bed time.  This resulted in some serious issues though--because then I had to wash the precious blankie.  About a 1/2 hour tantrum followed the blankie's entrance into the washer.  By the time it hit the dryer, he was only asking me every 2 minutes to check how long until it was done.  Finally I just sat him up here so he could check himself (not that he can read numbers....but still.)


No comments: