Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Summer Adventures Cont....

I made a few goals of what I wanted to do with the kids this summer.  Here is a run down of the goals and how I did:
Goal:  Take the kids to the library every week.  Actual visits: at least 6 or 7 (more if you count the library at the Y in Colorado).  Not bad.
Goal:  Do science time every week.  Actual science time:  1.  Or twice if you count that Libby went to a mad scientist birthday party.  Not such a great rate.
Goal:  Take the kids to a park every week.  Actual park play:  Seriously rocked this one.  Did this almost every week.
Goal:  Do preschool time with Ben.  Actual:  Does making them watch YouTube Sesame Street Videos one time count?
Goal:  Do Mommy/Daughter workouts with the girls.  Actual:  Maybe 3 times.  Not so hot.
I am kind of proud of myself that I made goals at all.  And we didn't do too badly.
My new goal for the school year?  Get them to school and in bed at least 3X a week without yelling at anyone.  Doable?

Sarah playing at the Edmonds Park...it has had some major changes.  New playground equipment.  It is awesome! 
Ben in the giant tire!

FHE activity.  Just Dance.  Sarah is seriously really really good at this.  Beats me in every dance except Pound the Alarm.  I own Pound the Alarm.  

Sarah had a croupy cough on Friday morning.  Didn't want to end up in the ER again.  So I took her to the dr. to get a prescription for that steroid.  We had a wait in the dr. office.  We had a dance party with the flashlight app in the waiting room.  Then we had a long wait at the pharmacy in the car, and another dance party.  The meds still weren't ready and I forgot to go back.  So good thing her croup didn't flare up.   

Ben's room project is spilling out into the rest of the house.  The girls got a new dresser because I wanted the one in their room for him.  And I fell in love with his paint color so I am using it in other areas too.  I hope to post a lovely after picture next week.  Ben wanted to help me put together the girls' new dresser.  He was VERY helpful (not).

I wore paint clothes everywhere all week.  Almost.  

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Glad I could help with one of your goals. :)