Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bad Mommy Moments

On Tuesday this week I was trying to get a zillion things done before I headed off to Girls Camp.  I was calling Libby's doctor, cleaning a bathroom, trying to pack, etc.  About 1:00 we had picked up Libby from a birthday party.  When we got home the girls rushed out of the van and so did I.  About 1/2 hour later I realized I hadn't seen Ben anywhere.  I searched the house a little.  Then a few minutes more I searched again.  Still couldn't find him.  I started to get worried.  And then it hit me.  I had moved his carseat to the back of the van so the girls would stop fighting over the front seats.  And he couldn't unbuckle.  I rushed out to the van (luckily it was in the garage since it was a hot day) and there he was.  Still buckled into his seat.  Screaming and crying.  Poor guy!  I held his hot little body and my tears started to flow.  Ugh.  So much going on that I had forgotten my precious Benny in the car!  He forgave me quickly, he wanted to go swimming with his sisters.  He had little patience for my crying.  He said, "Mom, if you don't stop crying, I'm going to spank you."  (I held it together for a few minutes then spent the next couple of hours crying off and on.  I love my little man!)
Then while I was at girls camp, Paige called and said, "Who is your doctor?"  Not a great way to start a conversation with your babysitter.  Ben had fallen right onto the front steps on his nose.  Luckily Grammy was able to come over and help in the situation.  Again, he quickly rebounded.  What a trooper!
Grammy sent me this picture of his poor swollen nose.  

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Oh Trish! That sounds horrible. You are not a bad mom though. That could happen to any of us! Much Love!

Laney said...

Scary!! Poor Ben. Poor Trish. It's tough being a crazy mom!