Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 10, 2014

ENJOYING SUMMER!

One of my goals for the month of August is to ENJOY SUMMER!  I made the goal because I was so excited to be at home again that my brain was being pulled in two different directions.  Direction 1:  Play outside in the amazing weather with my kids.  Direction 2:  Do all the home projects I have been putting off all summer.  The goal was to help me focus on Direction 1.  It didn't exactly work.  But if I look at the week, I actually was able to do both pretty well.
Monday:  Played at a spray park with some friends.
Tuesday:  The kids completed everything on their to do lists (including helping clean bathrooms and mommy daughter workout sessions.)
Wed/Thurs:  Painted the sun room.  I am not even posting a pic of this--it looks fabulous, but Paige came home from CA and couldn't even figure out what was different in there.  So it is a small-ish change.  It is a lot lighter color, a semi-gloss, and the trim is a beautiful white now, but apparently not that different.  (I learned a lesson on this job...don't start painting at night and in the early morning when you can't really see the color.  Once it got light enough outside, I was 2/3 of the way done with the room and I hated the color.  Had to go back to HD and get a different one.  It is still a little cooler color than I should have done, but it looks so much better!)
Also we picked up Auntie Ray Ray from the airport.
Thurs night:  Hosted a fun group of Nortons and Fehlbergs for dinner.
Friday:  Lunch at the Beach Cafe to celebrate Rachel's birthday.  Kids got lots of sandbox play time.
Then we went to the temple with Paige for her Endowment.
Saturday:  School supply shopping!  Then the Taste of Edmonds.  The Taste highlights were the Reptile Man show, where Libby rode the tortise and Ben helped hold the Yellow Boa Snake.  The girls also attempted karaoke only to learn that they can't quite read fast enough to keep up with the song.  I felt really bad for them up there, but they both stuck it out and belted out the chorus which they knew best.  I should have chosen songs they knew better and/or helped them prep better.  But they got to do gymnastics, eat shaved ice, kettle corn & elephant ears.  And they got their faces painted!  So that made up for any awkwardness.
It was a spectacular summer week!
One of the Rhino families gave us this singlet.  Ben LOVES it.  And he loved his Mohawk!

After the Beach Cafe.  Can you detect the fine coat of sand on the kids.  Paige, Casey and Janice Fehlberg.  Libby has a little crush on Casey.  She couldn't wait to see him again and calls him "Uncle Casey"

Enjoying an Auntie Ray Ray snuggle.

After the temple, Paige with her parents

Azteca sang Happy Birthday to Rachel.  It was a late late night!

At the Taste of Edmonds, the kids favorite part was visiting the gymnastics booths and doing the circuit 100 times.   

Libby flipping on the bar.

Love this shot of Sarah flipping.  

Face Painting magic!

Even Ben got a sunshine on his cheek.

Ben asking, "Why do you have to be so tall?"

No comments: