Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Good Mommy Moments

Okay, I did a few things right this week if we are thinking about summer fun.  I set up the tent in the backyard and we slept out side 2 nights.  It was amazing weather for it.  They "wanted me to play my guitar."  By this they meant that they wanted me to start a song, then they would come up and start strumming and messing me up, eventually wrenching the guitar from my grasp and attempting to play songs themselves.  Hilarious.
Libby with the Destroyer in the background
When I got back from Girls Camp we spent an evening together as a family down on the Seattle waterfront. We wanted to see the destroyers and battleships in for SeaFair.  Then yesterday we watched the Blue Angels and went to a fun birthday party.  It was a great weekend.

Ben with the Destroyer

Every one of these that we walked by, Sarah would pretend to steer the ship and shake her booty.  And there is one of these about every 20 feet.  

The waterfront is beautiful!

Matchy matchy Ben and Daddy!

Feeding the seagulls.  Ben loved this.  

Libby and Sarah cowered and screamed, totally afraid of the seagulls.  

Selfie of my hand feeding a Seagull.  Pretty proud of this pic!


A Blue Angel flying right over our heads.  I did scream and jump once when one buzzed by us out of nowhere.  The SeaFair airshow is amazing!

Camping!

Me attempting to play...

Sarah crooning.  She loves to make up her own songs

Ben about to punch the strings.

Libby posing (look at the hydrangea in the background.  Seriously amazing!)

Settling down for some good sleep!

1 comment:

Laney said...

Those guitar shots are classic. So much personality coming thru for each kid.