Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Celebrating Paige & Shoreline

Thursday night was my niece Paige's last night with us before she went to spend a few days with her family before she leaves on her mission.  We had a celebration.  Libby and Ben helped me prep the chicken enchiladas (her requested meal).  We set the tables with fancy cups and drank sparkling cider in her honor.  We are really going to miss her around here!  
We went to her farewell talk today where she talked about families.  She mentioned her roommates Libby, Sarah and Ben.  While she was speaking Ben was busy running his head into the couch in the foyer over and over.  But he heard his name and stopped and said, "She just said my name!"  She has been a great roommate!
 
Saying our totally NOT tearless goodbye...
 Then on Saturday we got to go to yet ANOTHER festival.  Celebrate Shoreline.  It is in the park right by our house.  It was SO FUN and SO CHEAP!  Sno cones less than $1.  Cotton candy too.  Lots of preschools have booths with fun stuff for kids to play with.  Pony rides (legit rides around a big area--$5.) The Petting Zoo was also a bit hit.  You got to go into this pen area where they had a bunch of random animals (a wallaby, a kangaroo, a pig, the largest rodent in the world whose name I forgot, a rooster, etc.) roaming around.  Then if you sat down, they would bring you a bag with an animal.  The kids held bunnies, hamsters, etc.  They could have stayed in that area all day!  It was really fun to have Grandma and Grandpa Norton with us.  Grandpa let the kids communicate on his radio!  Seriously, it was a great time.


Sarah's pony (I can't remember it's name)

Libby petting "Spike" the pony Ben rode

Ben rocking his first ride.  The lady asked if he would be okay, or if I should walk along side.  I guessed he wouldn't need me...and I was right.  He did just fine.  

Libby got to ride "Applesauce."  She told me today, "I miss Applesauce!"

Ben petting the Bunny.  He kept coming close to poking the poor things eyes out.  But he never actually did.

Libby's bunny that looked sort of rat-ish or something.  

Adorable bunny shot.  

The pig wanted something under Libby's chair and was totally undeterred by her feet.  It was really prickly.  I can see why they make boar bristle brushes.  

No comments: