Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Thorne Randall LOVE

Last Sunday we had a great chance to spend time with some great friends.  When I was a kid, this family moved in across the street that would change our lives forever.  The Thornes.  They were awesome!  Their mom was our piano teacher--and she and my mom figured out that they had taken a Latin class together at BYU.  (Which they both loved, showing how they were made for each other.)  We only lived across from each other for 3 years, but they were pivotal.  Well, Preston, the oldest son that is my age (who by the way is the first person I ever EMAILED back when that whole email thing got started in 1995ish) has moved to the Seattle area.  We finally found a time when we could all get together and it just so happened that his parents and my sister (the more successful of the piano students) were also in town.  It was a big happy gathering, made even happier when my mom happened to call Sandra to ask advice on how to get a stain out of my dad's pants, not even knowing Sandra was in Seattle and having dinner with us.  Random, right?
It was a fun evening.  They have toys that BEN LOVED and the my girls loved all the attention from the olders sisters and brother.  
Ben is very happy that they have a little girl just his age.  
This is the only picture I got, but it is Ben and their little Lena trying to move the cooler.  I think they actually made it a step or two!
    

1 comment:

Debbi said...

You've captured the essence of our long and precious relationship with the Thornes: love. So glad you had some Seattle time together.