Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Happy Halloween!

When I told the kids we were going to get out the Halloween decorations, they were most excited for the WITCH--the one that they get to put candy inside.  I am always surprised about the things they remember from year to year.  So when the decorations came out and they put the witch right by the front door.  Now I hear several times a day, "Trick Or TREAT!" from each of them.  This means that I am supposed to give them a treat from the witch.  I guess it is a good way to clear out the candy bin and prepare them for the actual Halloween night...but they are getting way too much sugar.  (Most of the time they say Trick Or Treat I make them wait until after lunch or dinner, or something...but I can't put them off forever.)
The witch and my favorite Halloween pics.  Libby lined them up so the frames make a sentence.  "Eek my little pumpkin, BOO!."  She said it about 75 times after she lined them up.  
I have faced a dilemma with wreaths for my front doors.  I have two doors, so I need 2 wreaths.  This can be quite costly!  But I saw idea at Micheal's, so we made this for FHE (started it actually) a couple of weeks ago.  I changed the Michael's idea from alternating colors to doing chunks of the different colors.  I like how it turned out.  I had the Best Witches thing already.  I love Halloween decor.  Now if only my kids could decide on what to be...and if it could be something we already own.     

No comments: