Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sweet Sweet Sarah

Today we begin the Birthday celebrations for Sarah.  She is turning 6!  This morning she got in bed with me and Ben (who had joined me a few minutes earlier) and told me I was "covered in cuddles."  It was the best!
This week we had parent teacher conferences.  We were one of the last ones to meet with her teacher.  Mrs. Chase said, "This is the first conference where I haven't had to talk about academic or behavioral issues!  I don't even know what to say!"  She had written that Sarah was "happy, fun, etc."

One hilarious moment with Sarah this week was when she injured her middle finger at the gym.  They kindly put a skin colored bandaid on it.  Imagine my surprise when I approached her after the gym to receive a stiff middle finger from my sweet girl!  It has been a long time since I have been flipped off, and I was 50% shocked, 25% horrified, and 25% laughing.  As she approached, I finally realized she was wearing a bandaid and she was very concerned about her wound.  What should I say to this girl?  So, I didn't say anything.  I forgot about it until we got home and she approached Derek with the same gesture.  He couldn't stop laughing once he realized that she was showing him her bandaid.  So, we had a little discussion at dinner about which fingers we don't hold up to show people.  NO MATTER WHAT.

 This girl is a super super star!  
This is the "witchy cake" that Sarah wanted.  3rd time she has asked for this Rice Krispie Creation.  I love making it.  Super easy and everyone eats it right up.  I think the third time is the charm.  I'm going to give this one its own post.

She also wanted pumpkin cookies.  I made a double batch because this is what she is taking for her class too.  


No comments: