Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Seminars

Every once in awhile as  parent I have a breakthrough.  An idea that is probably inspiration from on high.  This idea (I think) is one of those.  I was wondering what to do with all the work that comes home from school.  On school nights I don't really have time to talk to each of them about their school work as we rush from thing to thing.  But they (especially Sarah) would get upset if I threw it away right away.  And, I wanted them to know that what they are learning matters!  
So, I came up with the Sunday Seminar.  I keep all their papers from the week in their file.  Then on Sunday, they get them all out.  They have a few minutes to review what they learned during the week.  Then they have up to 5 minutes to share what they learned at school during the week.  Then they can choose one or two papers to keep and we recycle the rest.  The best part is that they are really excited about it! 
I think Libby is the one who created the podium.  She shared with us something she learned at church rather than at school, but hey, it was her teaching something.  

Sarah teaching...

Even Ben got in on the action!

No comments: