Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 26, 2014

It Isn't Easy Being Green

We really wanted a family theme costume this year. Ben really wanted to be the hulk. So Derek came up with the idea to use "It isn't easy being green". Of course we looked for a Kermit costume for Derek. But they didn't have one in his size. And even though it was a bit like a giant oven, I think Oscar was a huge hit!  (By the way, in case you are wondering, DEREK is the idea man in this house WAY more often that you might expect.  I married a brilliantly creative man who makes me look good A LOT!)
Mom, the Green Crayon and Libby, The Green Lantern
Our Most Incredible Hulk
Dramatic Green Lantern.  She was so excited to have a costume with a mask so she didn't have to wear her glasses. But somehow she ended up ditching the mask and glasses.  That girl!
Sarah as Princess Tiana.  

I was so surprised how many little kids don't know who Oscar is. But I guess when I show my kids the "old school" Sesame Street episodes, they do have a disclaimer that the early episodes "may not meet the needs of today's preschool child." I guess Oscar is probably too negative for today's preschool child. I can't really see Elmo and Oscar in the same episode. But the adults all loved Derek's costume. Derek told all the kids who got candy from us to have a "rotten Halloween."  They looked confused.  He told them his treat was "toe jam."  Some almost didn't take candy.  Hilarious!
Watch out for this girl!

1 comment:

Sweet Utah said...

You're costumes are pretty epic! Love you guys!!