Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 26, 2014

One of THOSE Weeks


It was a week with some serious ups and downs. Let's start with the downs so we can end on a high note.
Technology was a killer this week. I had to restore my phone on Monday (which requires hours of work). Then I dropped Derek's old iPhone, (which I have been using while I couldn't get my phone to sync) and the screen shattered. First time this has happened to us in all the time we have had iPhones (like 5 years). Then our new computer died. 5 beeps. That's it. No start up. Thankfully it is under warranty. The dell technician came the next day and couldn't get it. He is coming back tomorrow with more parts. I think we will be getting a new computer again. (The first one we got in April did the same thing). So I am blogging from my phone. 
I was also really sad this week to find that one of my clients (the first one I ever worked with) and have been working with 3x a week since January is going to have to quit training for awhile. It felt like a very very sad breakup. We are both sad. Hopefully her husband's job picks up again soon!  I wasn't prepared for how attached I would become to my clients!  
Another hard part of this week was the cold/flu bug that has infected the family. Derek got it the worst probably.  He even stayed home from the Husky game last night (in part because it was so late & he wanted to go to Trunk or Treat too).  Ben was also a green snot factory all week. Sarah and are just starting to get it.  
I forgot my dentist appt. and a lunch/playdate with a friend.
The Huskies lost again too.  :(  They just seem to have NO OFFENSE.  Which is kind of important if you want to score many points.  Your defense can only score so often!
But, some great things happened this week. I got to talk to my bestie in Korea. Derek and I went on a date to celebrate our anniversary (only a few months late).  Ben got to have 2 playdates!  And, of course, trunk or treat!  
We had some seriously chilly weather this week. Sarah and I were matchy matchy!

No comments: