Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Bennyisms


I decided this week to give each of the kids his/her own post.  There have been so many hilarious quotes of late.  When I asked my siblings for favorite quotes from the trip, they were almost all Ben.  
There was Ben below the rock wall in the snow saying, "A little help here?"
There was Ben taking a tubby with James (who wouldn't sit down with Ben in the tub), saying "AHH, he's tinkling (and James was almost hitting Ben with a jet stream)!"
There was Ben building "booby traps" out of pillows and getting frustrated when Brad came in saying, "Bwad! You ruined my bweatiful booby trap!"
Then Ben playing hide and seek, "You forgot one!  I'm in here!"
And also Ben having had enough with 2 other Nortons saying, "I'm tired of having sisters."
But one Ben moment trumps all the others.  He walked in on my parents taking a shower.  He stared at them through the glass for a minute and then said, "Don't worry Grandma, my sisters don't have wieners either."

He is my cutest little helper.  He always puts the silverware away.  He always drinks 17 sippies of chocolate milk (that he "helps" make) every day.  He gets SO excited when I have a client since that means he gets to watch movies on the iPad.  He started a little "buddy school" preschool this week with some friends from church and had a great time.
But my favorite Ben quote this week was this morning.  I was at a yoga training all day yesterday.  Ben said, "I love you mommy.  I really really missed you yesterday."
I love you too Ben.  Even when you ask for ALL of the "little stuffies" to sleep with, then promptly ask me to come back and remove 99% of them.  When you can't sit through all of stake conference (thanks for giving me an excuse to get a walk in), and when you pester your sisters.  You are the BEST little Benny!  Your hugs and kisses keep me going!

No comments: