Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 25, 2015

What is Yoga?

I have been doing Yoga classes for almost 10 years.  I started with a video in our apartment living room because I didn't want to make a fool of myself at a gym.  I have always loved yoga.  I knew that it meant "Union."  Union of mind, body, spirit.  But I learned over the last two weeks that there was a whole lot about yoga that I didn't know!  Way more than I did know, as a matter of fact!

Did you know that Yoga is actually a path?  A path to overcoming obstacles in life?  A path that will help us draw near to God?  A path that will illuminate the divine within us?  And did you know that the Asana (or poses that we do in traditional classes) is only a small part of yoga?

I feel so thankful that I have started this yoga teacher training.  I always knew there was so much more in yoga.  It always made me feel SO good!  Now I know why!  I am already feeling the peace of yoga infusing my life.  My interactions with my husband and kids.  With my attitude toward myself.

I feel like great change is coming about!


No comments: