Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Happy Birthday TO ME!

I am now WELL into my "LATE 30s."  That sounds pretty old.  And during my 37s, I felt old.  I was in pain from early February through most of the year.  My birthday wish is for 38 to be a lot better!  I am starting off well.  I finally know what is causing my hip pain and taking action to help it heal.  I went to the spa for my birthday.  And I started my Yoga Teacher 200 Hour Certification (the first full weekend of training).  And I feel good.  Really really good.  And tired.  But good tired.
Since my birthday gift is a new bathroom, I didn't get any gifts, except these amazing cards.  My kids are the best.  Except when I am trying to get them to clean up the junk they have scattered all over the entire world during my yoga training.  Ugh.
This is Ben's card.  He told me about the black stuff in the middle.  It had some significance, but I have forgotten already (that was almost 7 days ago and my head is full of sanskrit word fragments).

It is ironic that this is Libby's card to me.  Tonight I made some yummy potato soup.  You should have seen the look on her face!  It was like I was trying to poison her.  I wish I had thought to remind her that she thinks I am "a good cook."

This was another card Libby  made me for something else (like Mother's day I think).  Just got it scanned in.

Sarah made me two cards.  Overachiever!  (Not sure where she gets this???)  She is testing for the Highly Capable program this coming weekend.  Not sure how they think Kindergarteners are going to be able to take tests from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm.  (Two Saturdays in a row!) Glad I don't have to manage that!

I especially liked this one because I am wearing a birthday tiara.
Alright 38.  Let's do this!

No comments: