Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Superhero Sarah!

This Superhero is truly super!  She is a super reader, a super sharer and super patient with her siblings.  Most of the time.  She has also been super patient with being SICK.  She has had a cold since Christmas Eve (started with a nasty cough) and she is still sniffling and coughing.  Ugh.  Please go away!  I tried giving her the kid Mucinex, but she can't take the texture of the little pellets.  It makes her gag and she barfs it up.  So, Triaminic it is.  Poor girl.  But she has remained cheerful except for the occasional meltdowns (like the end of a very long 2 hour stake conference, or when Ben wants her seat next to mom).
I am really proud of her academic progress, which is due mostly to her own desire to read more than do anything else.  She is on Raz-Kids or reading a book whenever she can be.  She is testing for the Highly Capable program in our district in February.
Today the Stake President asked for all the primary kids to stand and sing "The Family is Of God" song.  She and Libby sang so beautifully.  I love their voices.
My favorite Sarah quote was this morning. She said, "Mom, it is almost your birthday and we don't have a present for you!"  I told her I was getting a new bathroom (see the What's Mom Been Up To Post) and I didn't need anything else.  She said, "I have a present for you Mom!"  And she gave me a big hug.  Then she said, "And a card."  She kissed me.  "The card says 'I love you'."  Awww.  Melt my heart!
It is funny how much she is like me.  And not like me.  She is playing chess right now with Derek.  She is figuring it out pretty quickly.  What a girl!




No comments: