Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ben's Stats

This was his 16 month check-up.  He got 2 shots besides the flu shot (as I mentioned in my last post).  He did not like them AT ALL.  He was great while the Dr. was checking him out.  Other than that he was a PILL.  It was Monday at 2:00 pm (usually around the end of nap time, but why did I schedule it so close?).  I had to wake him up to get there.  (Which actually, I am noticing a pattern.  Sundays are exhausting for the whole family, not just me these days--he is now taking a 3 hour nap on Monday, 2 1/2 on Tuesday, and then it gets a bit shorter every day into the weekend.  Then Sunday happens and it is back to 3 hours on Monday.)  Anyway, during the checkup he reminded me that he is into screaming really loud (and I mean loud) when he wants something and doesn't get it.  I am sure all the patients in the rooms around us was wondering what the doctor was doing to torture the poor child.  Nothing.  He just wanted more Chex mix, or more Cheezits, or the book Libby was reading, etc.  Bleh.  It's just a stage, right?  And the huge molars making their way SLOWLY, EVER SO SLOWLY through his gums don't help.  I basically need to have him on an IBU drip.
When the nurse took his stats she was confused that his head seemed to have shrunk a bit.  Probably a mistake at the last appt.
He weighs 21 lbs. 2 oz.  20 %  (Which is good because I am having surgery this week and I am allowed to pick up about 20 lbs.)
height is 30 3/4"  40%
head 18" about 20%

Ben playing the pan lids.  Just his style. Super loud and ear splitting.


No comments: