Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Big Boy Benny

I feel like when you are parenting a toddler, they go for weeks without making any big developmental strides, then all of sudden, one day, they wake up from a nap and they can say 5 words.  I guess he had been practicing them, but all of a sudden I can understand a few things.
He says, "K" (like ok)
"Yeah"
"Dad"
the "B" sound which is ball, blankie, bottle

He still says this stuff randomly, but I know he is starting to talk!

He is really consistent about a few gestures.  He holds out his hand, palm down, and makes a come here motion with this fingers.  This means, I want that, I want more, I want some.  So basically gimme!  It is always accompanied by a similar grunt.
He waves "bye bye" although he has been more likely to do it to say "night night" he is starting to do it to say goodbye too.

He LOVES to carry around my iPhone, but only wants to do it when there is music playing (he is a great dancer) or when the screen is lit up so he can see the handsome picture above.  He brings it back to me to push the button over and over.  My phone screen is nasty all the time right now.

He loves toys he can push.  He spends lots of time pushing this cute stroller (or getting his sisters or parents to push him in it).  He also likes to vacuum with the toy vacuum.  I hope this actually translates to a love of cleaning.  He is very good at putting things in the garbage when I ask (and when I don't) and helping to clean up toys.
Now if only Ben's molars would hurry up and finish coming through.  The top 2 are almost through.  (It has taken like a month.)  Now we have 2 more to go. They don't seem to bother him most of the time, but when they do, it is horrible!  It is the worst when he is tired.  He also still wakes up at least once a night most nights for a bottle.  I figure that once the teeth are done, (he still needs his canines too) I will stop going in there at night.  But for now, it is easier to give him a bottle and go back to sleep than to listen to him cry.

No comments: