Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Libbyisms

Libby has come home from school with a new phrase or two that I don't like.  We had to work on the "Oh my G...O....") after kindergarten camp and that is mostly gone I think.  She gave a talk on not taking the Lord's name in vain for primary last week.
The newest one I have noticed is "I'm sorry but...."  It usually sounds like this, "I'm sorry Sarah, but I am stronger than you" or "I'm sorry Sarah, but my doll is prettier than your doll" or "I'm sorry Sarah, but I got the pink plate."  OHHHHH it is making me so frustrated.  This competitive, I'm better than you attitude.  It is so unnecessary.  It seems to have calmed down a bit, but  I know she is getting this from some other kids at school.  Sarah doesn't usually get too upset, but it does clearly bother her, then she says similar things back.  I am hoping to move through this phase quickly.

On the funny side, the other night I got the girls and Ben in bed about 8 (miraculous, I know) and started working on other things.  About 9 Ben started crying.  I was wrapping up what I was doing so I could make him a bottle when Libby charged into the room.  "DUDE!" she exclaimed, "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT BEN?  I CAN'T SLEEP WITH HIM CRYING!"  I guess not.  Who knew that she was still awake?

No comments: